After just two full years of trading, we at Ferbrache & Farrell are delighted to report an excellent 2018 on a number of fronts. Our teams continue to grow from strength to strength, combining the highest quality staff talent with significant new client instructions across all work areas.
Our commitment to provide a first class client experience is borne out through repeat business and sustained development.
Together, we strive to deliver a legal service that gives our clients cutting edge expertise, but at sensible price points.
Some of our 2018 successes
Third Party Recognition
- Being ranked in Legal 500 (including Gavin Farrell being inducted into the "Hall of Fame");
- Our Corporate team being ranked in the global Monterey Insight directory; and
- Being shortlisted for the Citywealth Boutique Offshore Law Firm of the Year Awards in 2018 and 2019
- Successfully resolving before trial allegations of breach of trust made by a member of an income protection plan against a Guernsey-resident corporate trustee;
- Successfully defending at trial a claim brought by members of an occupational pension scheme seeking to compel a transfer of trust assets;
- Acting for the beneficiaries of a trust where the validity of their appointment as Trustees is disputed; and
- Acting for the minor and unborn beneficiaries in an application in relation to a significant Guernsey trust.
- Acting for a creditor in the voluntary liquidation of a Guernsey Company which invested in student properties in the UK;
- Acting for creditors in the context of the administration and subsequent liquidation of a multinational construction company; and
- Acting for the directors of a household name investment business put into administration in Guernsey .
- Acting for a former director of a regulated entity in enforcement proceedings brought by the Guernsey Financial Services Commission.
- Acting for the defendant in a high value construction dispute, which was successfully resolved before trial;
- Advising a Bank in respect of a substantial claim against the estate of a deceased debtor; and
- Acting for a property developer in saisie proceedings against a debtor.
- Assisting the Dispute Resolution team in enforcing security interests over bank accounts and shares in a Guernsey company;
- Advising a Guernsey institutional investor in relation to a complex restructuring of a Guernsey joint venture which invests in a UK insurance entity;
- Appointed as retained counsel of record by a number of private equity firms in relation to their ongoing Guernsey legal requirements;
- Advising in relation to the establishment and regulation of EUR 1 billion Guernsey private equity structures investing in early stage and growth high-tech businesses;
- Appointed as lead counsel in relation to the establishment and regulation of Guernsey Investment Fund PCC Limited, a Guernsey focussed, protected cell registered closed-ended fund;
- Advising in relation to the sale of a hotel business in Guernsey;
- Advising as to matters of Guernsey law and regulation in connection with the ongoing restructuring of a private equity fund for parallel investments in Malta;
- Advising Ravenscroft Limited in relation to its acquisition of Royal London’s cash management arm;
- Appointed as retained counsel for Phaunos Timer Fund Limited, a Guernsey closed ended fund listed on the UKLA for its restructuring;
- Appointed as lead counsel by a number of Guernsey trust companies and other financial services businesses in their acquisitions of Guernsey and non-Guernsey businesses, or assets, or in their consolidation of businesses; and
- Regularly acting for borrowers in financing transactions.
- Our residential property team have helped our clients purchase property with a value in excess of £67m;
- We have helped with the relocation into Guernsey of a significant number of Open Market residents, in addition to running a bustling Local Market practice;
- We continue to grow our commercial property offering after a busy year of landlord and tenant transactions, and developer led projects;
- We have successfully advised a major new market entrant (energy) in its environmental and planning law strategy; and
- Our assistance in Population Law and Immigration matters has helped numerous local businesses and individuals.
Our strategy for 2019 is to continue to build upon the excellent foundations that we have already laid, and to cement our position as a key participant in the local and international market.