Ferbrache & Farrell LLP is a newly established, independent law firm in Guernsey. Our ethos is our people-led culture and commitment to delivering a premier, personal and cost-effective service to our clients.
Due to development across all sectors of our business, we have a number of current vacancies:
DISPUTE RESOLUTION DEPARTMENT
Due to a steadily increasing number of instructions, the Dispute Resolution Department is looking to recruit the following:
The ideal candidate will:
• have 5-7 years PQE and will preferably be a Guernsey Advocate;
• have considerable experience of contentious matters relating to the financial services industry;
• run their own caseload and work as part of a team on larger/more complex matters; and
• play an active role in marketing and helping to grow the Department and the firm.
The ideal candidate will:
• have 0-2 years PQE;
• have some experience of contentious matters relating to the financial services industry;
• be willing to work on a variety of matters and develop their non-fee-earning skills to help grow the Department and the firm.
Corporate Paralegal / NQ
We are looking for a paralegal or newly qualified solicitor to join our growing Corporate & Commercial department. We offer full service corporate, banking and commercial cover and advise on all aspects of Guernsey general corporate and commercial law, including banking and finance, regulatory, investment funds, asset management and listings on The International Stock Exchange (TISE). We offer a supportive and collegiate working environment for candidates who are looking to learn and develop with a group of friendly and experienced lawyers, and opportunities to build a career in an exciting new law firm.
We would like to hear from you if you have:
• completed the Legal Practice Course (or equivalent) or qualified as a solicitor;
• experience working in a law firm (and ideally in Guernsey);
• excellent written and analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy;
• a strong work ethic, are proactive and willing to learn and get involved in all aspects of the department, including developing and maintaining client relationships, matter administration and development of the department’s precedents and know-how;
• a high level of self-organisation and are able to manage your own time and workflow; and
• strong inter-personal skills and are able to work closely with and support the rest of the team.
If you are as interested in property as we are, then we are looking for our next full time junior conveyancer, who has the following attributes:
• excellent interpersonal skills and a friendly and confident approach;
• an analytical and inquisitive nature;
• an ability to work independently;
• attention to detail;
• strong organisational and time management skills;
• a clean driving licence (the role will include site visits and meetings); and
• a sense of humour and team spirit.
Our work is both varied and interesting, and is based in the office, in the outdoors, and in the Royal Court. It is exciting and rewarding and comes with fresh challenges. If this sounds like your ideal next role, then we look forward to hearing from you.
All successful candidates will benefit from a generous remuneration package, including a contractual performance related bonus scheme. All staff can expect their career to flourish in a collaborative and supportive environment.
To apply for any of the positions listed above, please send a brief covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively call us on (01481) 741 300 for further information.